Nerdy and political ramblings from a modern-day courtesan and art historian in Chicago. – Aspasia’s description of her blog
WordPress gives bloggers a lot of space, and I mean a whole lot; I’m halfway through my fourth year of blogging now, and I’ve only used 18% of my allotment. Nor have I been parsimonious with it; if you take a look at my Resources page, you’ll realize that some of those PDFs are enormous. But as I’ve said before, I’m every bit as much a librarian as I am a whore; I want this blog to be a resource for activists, and judging by the feedback I’m succeeding.
In addition to the studies, essays, books, pictures, charts and other such materials I’ve also hosted mirror copies of several of Dr. Brooke Magnanti’s posts; so, when Aspasia told me she was leaving activism to pursue other personal goals and deleting her blog, I had no hesitation in offering her the space to archive her posts here. I’ve copied them all into static pages backdated to the original posting dates, and have indexed them below; this post will also be replicated as a static page and will thus serve as the permanent gateway to Aspasia’s space here at The Honest Courtesan. Though the only practical way to preserve the comment threads was as static images, please feel free to continue commenting in the regular way below any of these posts. Perhaps one day Aspasia may restart her blog, but until then she assures me she’ll still be a regular in the comments here. I’m sure you’ll all join me in wishing her luck in her future endeavors, and in hoping she won’t be a stranger.
Staying Sane v. Engaging in Discussion: Comment Threads on Sex Work Articles
Snarky Thoughts on Election Day
Sex Worker Allies and Education
Quote of the Day
Yet Another Example of Feminists Not Fucking “Getting It”
‘Tis the Season!
This page has the following sub pages.
- The Problem With A Name
- Origin Story: Sex Workers Can’t Have Relationships
- Difference of Opinion
- A Game of Thrones- Official Trailer for Series 2
- Chicago Skin Tax
- Chris Rock on Political-Tribal Mentality
- What is the Difference?
- Textbook Definition of Misogyny
- Forget Magic Mike, Support THIS Movie About Strippers
- Proposition 35 & Sex Worker Relationships
- Thank You, Robyn
- Only When We Don’t Like You
- And This is Why WE Don’t Like YOU….
- Nicholas Kristof’s IAmA Reddit
- Staying Sane v. Engaging in Discussion: Comment Threads on Sex Work Articles
- Snarky thoughts on Election Day
- Sex Worker Allies and Education
- Quote of the Day
- Yet Another Example of Feminists Not Fucking “Getting It”
- ‘Tis the Season!
- Feminism: Not Fucking Getting It…AGAIN! Part: Infinity
- Buddy Cole on Vice
- A Remembrance Two Days Late
- And Thank You for Proving My Point
- Media Inquiries
- Hooker, Please: On the True Death of True Blood
- Crabs in a Bucket
- Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire!
- Chicago-area Announcements: Participants Needed for Study
- Hey, That’s Me! And Other General Things…
- Join Me in the Fight Against Whorephobia!
- Gail Dines on Being Called a Crusader
- Beyond the Breasts: Femen Truly Exposed
- Guest Columnist: Aspasia Bonasera
- Upcoming Post: Recap of “Ghost Adventures: Mustang Ranch”
- Study Hour!
- Now for Something Completely Different!
- Torchwood and Sex Worker Stereotypes
- PLEASE Think of the CHILDREN!!!!!
- Because the Jokes Write Themselves
- This is the End, My Friend
- Feminism: Still Not Getting It
- A brief FYI
- Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves
- Upcoming mega post
- It’s Still Slut-shaming
- New Obsession: Lost Girl
- Sometimes Even I’m Shocked
- The Succubus: Myth and Reality
- This is What Sanity Looks Like
- All Clogged Up
- Lafayette Explains It All
- Whores and Courtesans and Others, Oh My!
- Sci-Fi Geekout- What if The Doctor was Helen Mirren?
- No, This Shouldn’t Be Shocking At All