Posted in Current Events, Links, Miscellaneous, Music, Tyranny, tagged animals, consensual crime, cops, flori, Hawaii, Missouri, Sweden, Texas, video on November 29, 2015 |
2 Comments »
All bathtubs should be banned. Just imagine it! – King Carl XVI Gustaf
On Thanksgiving night I was relaxing (yes, I’m starting to figure out how to do that) and listening to music on my Tubular Bells-based Pandora station, when I suddenly heard a piece of music whose identity has eluded me for 34 years. It was the soundtrack for a sequence about gravitational wormholes in an episode of Cosmos, and I adored it; however, it wasn’t included on the soundtrack album and the internet didn’t exist in 1981. Furthermore, when the series was released on video at the end of the decade, that sequence had a different score; clearly there had been a problem with the rights, so it had been replaced. But I never forgot the tune, so when I heard it on Thursday night I practically leaped to my phone to discover its identity. So here it is: Equinoxe, Part 4, by Jean-Michel Jarre. The links above it were provided by Jesse Walker, Matt Welch, Wendy Lyon, Grace, Popehat, Jillian Keenan, and Glenn Greenwald (in that order).
From the Archives
- The “commodification of sex and desire” is not a bad thing, but a good one.
- Prohibitionists are terrified of people realizing that sex work really is work.
- Funny how relatives who hate BDSM relationships focus on mental illness.
- Any study which equates sex work with “crime” is flawed from the forge.
- Dr. Marty Klein trying to make up for long silence on sex worker rights.
- While sex work is criminal, whores are vulnerable to cops & scammers.
- Cops raid & rob old woman for letting people play cards in her house.
- How the US government promotes censorship on college campuses.
- Cops, love letters, irony, Florida, totalitarianism and The Avengers.
- A moral panic is nearing its zenith when mobs with torches appear.
- “They did not feel like trafficking victims, but victims of the police“.
- Holidays, clown panic, cops, recalls, songs and racist sandwiches.
- Florida whores are forced into a religious brainwashing program.
- Fanatics want to destroy the internet to eliminate dirty pictures.
- Spam doesn’t become sinister just because sex workers use it.
- Remember the “London slaves” who turned out to be Maoists?
- This would be hilarious if real women weren’t being hurt by it.
- The McCain, Inc “sex trafficking” cuckoo clock is striking 13.
- Why I hate “Black Friday” and too-early Christmas displays.
- 5% of Japanese women have done some kind of sex work.
- Cops admit there’s no “sex trafficking” in massage parlors.
- Another example of “sex trafficking” as default bogeyman.
- Why are there so many flaky, unprofessional escorts now?
- The Swedish model reaches Vietnam, and it’s still a scam.
- New Jersey considers defining prostitution stings as rape.
- Naive idiots volunteer to conduct SWAT raids on brothels.
- Celebrity tries to excuse violence as consensual BDSM.
- More ludicrous Victorian “sex trafficking” phraseology.
- “Don’t believe our data; believe our dogma instead!”
- Wouldn’t you love to see articles like this in the US?
- My recipes for cornbread stuffing and dog biscuits.
- Another example of the need for eternal vigilance.
- More virginity bullshit from Catarina Migliorini.
- Some rapist cops don’t stop with mere rape.
- Why drinking on the job is a really bad idea.
- If he asks for change, say you don’t have it.
- Swaziland is far more sensible than the US.
- November 2010 and 2011 in retrospect.
- How to succeed as a “rescue” profiteer.
- An ugly exercise in arse-backwardness.
- My last two columns for Thanksgiving.
- My return from Seattle.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Current Events, Links, Miscellaneous, Music, Tyranny, tagged California, cops, drugs, Florida, New Orleans, racism, Things We Choose To Do Together, TSA, video, Wisconsin on November 22, 2015 |
2 Comments »
Possession of marihuana [sic] is generally a private behavior; in order to find it, the police many times must operate on the edge of constitutional limitations. Arrests without probable cause, illegal searches and selective enforcement occur often enough to arouse concern about the integrity of the criminal process. – Report of the Shafer Commission, 1972
It wasn’t a slow week for links; they’re just all on topics that need to go into the news columns, which as I write this are stacked three deep. Anyway, I decided to share another movie from the Paramount Vault: King Creole, set in my home town, which most critics agree is Elvis’ best movie. And the King’s love interest? A young and stunning Carolyn Jones, best remembered as Morticia Addams. The links above the flick were provided by Popehat (“boogers” and “19”) and Scott Greenfield (“together”).
From the Archives
- Understatement, sequels, photobomb, Dr. Who, mutants, bureaucracy, cops, Etsy, images, super powers and Yakety Sax.
- It’s astonishing that supposedly rational adults in the Canadian government need this explained to them.
- Would anyone but a modern US “journalist” portray sex as a new & novel way to get pregnant?
- What was once the stuff of dystopian fiction has become a horrible reality.
- Power-mad politician uses excuse of “sex trafficking” to grow government.
- County bucks trend by claiming its “sex trafficking” rate has gone down.
- Study shows how safe people feel admitting to various sexual fantasies.
- Aspasia analyzes a painting that may have hung in a Storyville brothel.
- So much for barcode tattoos, evil clients & “controlled communication”.
- Cops break law trying to trick women into doing something not illegal.
- Maybe this guy thought it was a genital-equipped Polish stuffed horse?
- About as awful and tone-deaf as an anti-criminalization article can be.
- “Gay men and women should be the most vocal allies of sex workers“.
- US public schools allow religious fanatics to lie to students about sex.
- Cameron wants husbands to ask wives for permission to watch porn.
- Low-caste Nepalese women are criminalized in order to “save” them.
- In which I salvage an anti-prohibition article from the memory hole.
- Overreaction to “revenge porn” vs near-silence on mugshot sites.
- Officials imagine raids will force dirty whores to take menial jobs.
- As woman dies, cops argue about charging her with prostitution.
- Politician claims 25% of all “sex trafficking victims” are in Texas.
- Another example of the “limited hours for massage parlors” fad.
- Sweden mandates that video games “promote gender equality”.
- Florida cops use mass surveillance to send harassment letters.
- The beginning of the collapse of Somaly Mam’s edifice of lies.
- Another court rules against strip clubs’ exploitative practices.
- What do I do if I suspect my boyfriend is having a gay affair?
- When will guys learn cheating hookers is a really bad idea?
- Cops make competing stupid statements about Backpage.
- Posting jaywalker mugshots in order to deter car thieves.
- Norwegian politician wants prostitution fully criminalized.
- Do Polish stuffed animal toys usually come with genitals?
- Former mountie debunks Canadian “sex trafficking” lies.
- Another “sex trafficking” narrative typed with one hand.
- In which a common type of tattoo is recast as a “brand”.
- More anti-guest-post-spammer genius from Popehat.
- Why I sometimes wait to write about news items.
- Christopher Lee’s Omnibus of Evil and The Weird.
- How much higher can these nonsense figures go?
- Cops, PETA, Orson Welles and the honey badger.
- If only American celebrities were so principled.
- Another claim that disasters cause harlotry.
- The aftermath of a high-profile brothel raid.
- Another “sex trafficking” liar is exposed.
- The San Antonio Four are free at last.
- Another criticism of “sex ray” idiocy.
- “Deserve” has nothing to do with it.
- Pull the other one, Little Rock cops.
- Advice for would-be sugar babies.
- More on my first visit to Seattle.
- Do as we say, not as we do.
- On the awful SAVE Act.
- Rapist cop of the week.
- “Today I am a pimp“.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Current Events, Links, Miscellaneous, Music, Tyranny, tagged Alabama, cops, language, lawyers, Never Call the Cops, Pennsylvania, politicians, psychology, Things We Choose To Do Together, video, Virginia, weaponry on November 15, 2015 |
4 Comments »
Working at McD or WalM is honerable [sic], good for society.Wobling [sic] around in a sexbuzz with strangers,not so much. – Rósa Halldórsdóttir
This rather bizarre tweet by a woman who’s delusional even by prohibitionist standards led to considerable mirth on whore Twitter and inspired my choice of this week’s video. The links above it were provided by Brooke Magnanti (“cuneiform”), Jesse Walker (“archive”), Claudia Cristophe (“mayhem”), Rick Horowitz (“license” & “together”), Jacob Sullum (“neighbors”), and Angela Keaton (“protect”).
From the Archives
- Cops, censorship, Kubrick, the Blues, history, Prince, bureaucracy, history, witchcraft and sensible horror.
- HIV is forcing Arab “authorities” to stop pretending they can make sex work vanish by forbidding it.
- Bitch Magazine eschews the usual nonsense about whether sex work is “bad” or “empowering”.
- Cops in high-crime city use their time trying to destroy people’s lives for consensual sex.
- Amateur embarrassed by whore stigma doesn’t question prohibitionist laws that create it.
- In the history of futurism, has any futurist ever been right about anything?
- If this “crime” is so common, how come we only have fake pictures of it?
- The “sex advice” in Men’s Health is almost as moronic as that in Cosmo.
- Irish “trafficking” fetishists’ new wanking fantasy is ruined by the truth.
- Oakland officials vomit out bullshit excuses for horrible anti-whore law.
- Strippers tricked by cops, then forced to endure anti-sex brainwashing.
- A “child” instantly becomes a “woman” when she’s accused of a crime.
- Indian courts surpass American ones on justice for raped sex workers.
- Study of “rescue industry” exposes its racist & moralistic motivations.
- Cops, arthropods, recycling, government, street harassment & more.
- Straight talk about “end demand” nonsense from a migration expert.
- Could any non-bureaucrat actually consider this with a straight face?
- Politicians imagine they can order healthy young men to be asexual.
- A brief biography of Hwang Jini, most famous of the Korean kisaeng.
- Brooke Magnanti on the inability of leopards to change their spots.
- How can I help true trafficking victims, and teach others to do so?
- Woman hired to create fake female profiles sues Ashley Madison.
- Most successful “rescues” in India are performed by sex workers.
- The NFBC improperly financed a Swedish model propaganda film.
- No, adding a camera won’t protect you from prostitution charges.
- A madam’s granddaughter inherits a most unusual looking-glass.
- Caty Simon interviews Jaclyn Moskal-Dairman of SWOP Phoenix.
- Customs officials profile attractively-dressed women as whores.
- Orwellian language describing a “gingerbread house” in Texas.
- The revolting Dennis Hof spreads “sex trafficking” panic again.
- Brothels, condoms, propaganda & VD in the First World War.
- Is there any evidence of real underage girls being trafficked?
- Edinburgh eliminates need for saunas to apply for a licence.
- Annie Lobert of “Liars for Jesus” is back in the news again.
- They “believe it’s a means of making money” because it is.
- Irish garbagemen and taxi drivers trained as informants.
- My very unpleasant train journey to Seattle via Chicago.
- Change “Botswana” to the name of any American state.
- Japan’s pre-Olympic moral purge has already started.
- Rapist cops, soldiers and bureaucrats of Zimbabwe.
- Half of US executions happen in 2% of US counties.
- Seminars for cops on how to steal more profitably.
- More strippers suing clubs for improper practices.
- Facebook is prudish even by Victorian standards.
- An immortal reflects on the blessing of mortality.
- Yet another arrest for “looking like a whore”.
- Another pro-censorship UK “feminist” group.
- Rapist non-cop authority figure of the week.
- Canada’s awful new anti-prostitution law.
- Rapist cops of the week, 2013 and 2014.
- Nigerian whores beat up rapist politician.
- SEX NEAR A DAYCARE AND A SCHOOL!!!
- Dr. David Ley on the creampie fetish.
- Rapist fake cop of the week.
- Sex rays! THE CHILDREN!
Read Full Post »
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. – Edgar Allan Poe
It’s time once again for my annual collection of spooky stuff for the Halloween season! If you’ve started reading my blog this year, you may want to look at my last two such columns, “Trick or Treat” and “More Trick or Treat“, and of course my most recent annual thanatopsis, “Even This Shall Pass Away“. Other horror-themed columns of the past year include “Unreal Horrors” and “To the Ground” (sort of), and my stories “Serpentine“, “Left Behind“, “Magna Mater“, “Surprise“, and this month’s “Athena“. I also featured either scary or creepy-fun videos in Links #226, #242, #258, and #275, and here are some spooky links:
Read Full Post »