There is no evidence she condoned being called a horse. – Jeffrey Merlino
This was a weird week for links; up until Wednesday evening all I had was the first video (via Mike Siegel, who also provided “flu tax”), and I was trying to figure out what I would do if I didn’t get anything else! But then the internet came through, and as you can see I have a full slate of interesting stuff. This week’s top contributor was Franklin Harris, who supplied everything down to the first video; the second video was provided by Radley Balko (who also gave us “Idaho”), and the links between the videos were suggested by Mistress Matisse (“Elvis”), Walter Olson (“cigars”), Violet Blue (“CISPA”), Wil Wheaton’s Cat (“sci-fi”), and Kevin Wilson (“bingo”).
- Chick-Fil-A is opposed to gay marriage, but encourages medieval incest.
- Calling a classmate a “fat ass” is now a criminal matter in New Jersey.
- Somebody wants to make a movie out of an anti-D & D Chick comic.
- 4th grade “science” quiz from a creationist school.
- In 1995, a New Mexico legislator introduced a bill that would’ve required psychologists to dress like wizards while on the witness stand.
- Elvis impersonator cleared of poison charges, looks for Moo Cow and promises foot massages for ladies.
- Cops are trying to steal a yacht because there were cigars on board.
- Idaho government agents abduct children of marijuana activists.
- US Congress votes on taxing the flu.
- CISPA is dead again, for now.
- Sci-fi children’s books.
- Statist bingo.
From the Archives
- My take on the Secret Service scandal attracted quite a bit of media attention, but US personnel running over whores did not.
- Jezebel blogger saves unwitting women from accidentally prostituting themselves “in fucking Thailand or some shit”.
- Real men support sex worker rights, and here’s a list of a few examples.
- Valeria Messalina, the Roman empress who enjoyed playing the whore.
- In honor of Vinalia Urbana, a catalog of aspects of the goddess Venus.
- The New York Daily News strongly criticizes Anna Gristina’s treatment.
- Last year’s attempt at banning “condoms as evidence” in New York.
- Tennessee joins the list of states defining miscarriage as murder.
- Northern Ireland has
railroadedconvicted its first “sex trafficker”.
- Either my strangest column ever, or not. Or both simultaneously.
- Government is practically the definition of “necessary evil”.
- The methodological deficiencies of prohibitionist “studies”.
- Cops try to blame the Long Island murders on hobbyists.
- In Asia, sex workers are welcome at feminist events.
- Helpful dating advice from government. Yes, really.
- Greta Christina invited whores to tell our stories.
- My favorite books and my favorite authors.
- The self-destruction of Somaly Mam.
- A selection of poems about harlots.
- The Thing and No, They Can’t.
- Early CISPA shenanigans.
- A hooker coffee klatsch.