Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest. – Mohandas Gandhi
This was another fairly quiet week for links, as is typical around the holidays; I expect it will start to pick up again after today, though. The next link column will include an explanation of a few format changes I’m instituting for the new year; like many of my other changes, it is intended to decrease my workload and make the blog more useful for readers. Because the changes will affect the TW3 columns as well, I’m moving the next links column up to Friday so it will fall before the TW3 this week; that also conveniently opens up next Sunday, January 6th, for a King Day column. The top link contributor this week was Michael Whiteacre, who provided every link down to the first video (which was itself provided by my husband). The second video and the link directly below it were contributed by EconJeff, and the links between the two videos were supplied by Amy Alkon, Aspasia, Grace, Walter Olson, Radley Balko, Franklin Harris and Jesse Walker, in that order.
- CNN and LAPD try to start a gun scare over an empty 3-kg metal tube.
- Federal employee issued five-page formal reprimand for farting.
- I seem to remember this thing called Kohoutek…
- The whole six yards.
- “Human trafficking” is totally OK when a government is the “trafficker”.
- Facebook claims that my epigram violates its “community guidelines”.
- Here’s a spider that builds large spider decoys to confuse predators.
- Kansas wants to force a sperm donor to pay child support.
- High school student arrested for doodling.
- R.I.P. Jack Klugman and Gerry Anderson.
- Welcome to our world.