Tyrants are always assassinated too late. – E.M. Cioran
I apologize if this column is a bit short this week; I was so busy in Atlanta that I didn’t have as much time to look around for them as I usually do. However, I think you’ll find these interesting; the three before the video are courtesy of Radley Balko, the video itself was provided by Deep Geek, and the first six links immediately after it arrived via Jesse Walker, Cthulhuchick, reader Krulac, Brooke Magnanti, Jack Shafer and Franklin Harris, in that order.
- Cops hold down 75-year old woman on floor as they murder her dog with a shotgun; police chief claims it was “for her protection from a dangerous animal”.
- The best part of this story for those who understand a little French is learning that the town of Condom is located on the River Baise.
- Chinese toddler’s karaoke tantrum ends in bloodbath.
The political ad Google tried to censor:
- If there was a huge knife fight involving every American president, who would win?
- Judge uses pop-therapy talk to blame victim for being sexually assaulted by a cop.
- California: the land of the fee and the home of the ban.
- How dictators have evolved with the times.
- Welcome to our world.
- Where Magazine needs to have a talk with its art director.
- Enabling a rapist cop cost the city of Anchorage $5.5 million.
- My prediction: if this really does happen, it’s going to be crap.
- Huffington Post headline compares sex workers to bloodsucking parasites.
- Naomi “Stopped Clock” Wolf’s new book is so dumb (Chorus: How dumb is it?) that…here, I’ll let some neuroscientists explain.
- Various prudish busybodies offer their busybody opinions on the number of sex partners a woman can have (in her life) before turning into a ruined slut.