Posted in Current Events, Links, Miscellaneous, Tyranny, tagged animals, California, Colorado, cops, dirty, drugs, Florida, Georgia, hysteria, India, Japan, Never Call the Cops, New Jersey, New York, prisons, South Carolina, United Kingdom, video, Virginia on August 31, 2014 |
4 Comments »
We did this now to protect her for now and in the future, because this could get worse. She could be taken. – one of the worst mothers ever
I’m on my way to New Orleans today, and will be home Thursday night; it’s been a wonderful tour, but it’s a good thing it didn’t go on much longer because I’m only barely on schedule now and I really need to catch back up. Today’s first video is from Gideon and is one example of what is probably a very typical situation that, before video, always went undiscovered. The second video is from Jesse Walker (who also contributed “supervillains”), and though I don’t usually like “cute kid” videos I thought this little guy’s “logical” arguments were very funny. Everything above the first video is from Grace, and the links between the videos are from Dave Barry (“headline”), Jemima (“Hello Kitty”), Popehat (“no reason”), Franklin Harris (“texting”), Nun Ya (“lucky”), Michael Whiteacre (“Chelsea”), and Mike Riggs (“life sentence”).
From the Archives
- Cops, politicians, selfies, cannibalism, funny animals, weird religion, tentacles, science, prohibition, universal criminality & space travel.
- How do I let my regular escort know that I truly value and appreciate her personality without coming off as creepy or patronizing?
- I’ve read that girls in Southeast Asia “treat men like kings” sexually; what does that really mean?
- The police state, apes, hysteria, rhetoric, bogus math, surveillance, ass wi-fi and nom nom nom.
- How repressive governments use consensual crime laws to harass those they dislike.
- “Sex Worker Rights: (Almost) Everything You Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask”.
- Basic “trafficking” sting: consenting adults caged, 44; victims rescued, 0.
- High school wants virginity test entrance requirement, because whores.
- Advice for a new escort in Malaysia and an aspiring plus size courtesan.
- Lawheads imagine closing red-light districts will make whores go away.
- Politicians: censorship isn’t censorship ’cause the internet is dangerous.
- My masseuse suddenly got on top of me sans condom; what’s it mean?
- Malawians recognize “avails” laws as relics of “white slavery” hysteria.
- “Trafficking” fanatics claim all whores make more than $300,000/year.
- Another entry into “sex trafficking” fandom, clueless celebrity division.
- Confinement & “re-education” of sex workers: bad in Cuba, OK in US.
- Credulous reporters swallow Ashley Madison ads as “press releases”.
- Interesting article on the connection between harlotry and witchcraft.
- Tulsa cops persecute adult women by pretending they’re “trafficked”.
- Prohibitionists have a weird idea of meaning of “support” and “help”.
- Texas begins to realize that locking up whores is a waste of money.
- Emasculated Icelandic journalist discovers prohibition doesn’t work.
- Christians say GOP should do everything possible to increase rape.
- Mainstream gay rights groups have stayed quiet about Manning.
- Zurich opens tippelzones; some other cities already have them.
- 10-year-old girl charged with sexual assault for playing doctor.
- Mayor caught in brothel says he thought it was a family home.
- A long, thorough look Texas’ “prostitution diversion” program.
- The repeated usage of the word “victim” is especially grating.
- Cops steal three motels because some whores stayed there.
- Support for decriminalization continues to grow in Canada.
- Are tall men more endowed than those of average height?
- Sex strikes: good in theory, but usually poor in execution.
- The truth about “sex trafficking” of North Korean women.
- Some Italians want to lock whores up in brothels again.
- Most of the “condoms in porn” law is unconstitutional.
- The suspicious deaths of two Vancouver sex workers.
- Another soi-disant “ally” does more harm than good.
- How can I help my boyfriend’s erectile dysfunction?
- Yet another “sex trafficking” opportunist exposed.
- “The Inside of the White Slave Traffic”, from 1913.
- Suing the cops for failing to protect sex workers.
- Monkeys prefer to play with gender-typical toys.
- Tauriq Moosa on sex workers and the disabled.
- The many types of sex workers in 1920s Berlin.
- Because “sex traffickers” like cheese, perhaps?
- Why I remained silent about Hugo Schwyzer.
- Another unconstitutional “sex offender” law.
- Jessica Land interviews Dr. Melissa Ditmore.
- Another politician, another sexting scandal.
- Yet another horrible “sex trafficking” law.
- Bringing sex workers into the public eye.
- 800 years of slang terms for genitalia.
- Gail Dines threatens Radisson Hotels.
- Welcome to our world, gay activists.
- The Topless Tunisian leaves Femen.
- In Sweden, begging equals rape.
- Prohibitionism is a mental illness.
- Welcome to our world, chemists.
- Kristof’s prohibitionist omelette.
- The DMSC football tournament.
- Arkansas tries to ban body art.
- Censors block Hamlet as smut.
- Life in prison for dirty pictures.
- Alexis Wright takes the Fifth.
- David Vitter doesn’t tweet.
- The end of the Lusty Lady.
- The myth of “rape culture”.
- Back Issue: August 2010.
- My ten favorite columns.
- Rapist cop of the week.
- Ugly Mugs for Android.
- King of the hill!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Current Events, History, Links, Miscellaneous, Obituary, Tyranny, tagged animals, Arizona, California, cops, Europe, Georgia, Illinois, language, Missouri, Never Call the Cops, New Orleans, New York, South Carolina, teachers, Tennessee, Things We Choose To Do Together, video, welcome to our world on August 24, 2014 |
16 Comments »
O sweet and noble lad, be not aggrieved!
Pray, lift thyself from off the cursed ground!
Thy travels long have left thee most deceived;
there is a sanctuary to be found. – Pop Sonnets, “YMCA”
Police militarization has finally entered the sleepy consciousness of mainstream America due to the Ferguson, Missouri protests, but of course libertarians have been talking about it for decades; nobody has talked about it more, nor more eloquently, than Radley Balko. Today’s first video is from a tiny town in Georgia and was, until Radley called attention to it, posted on the front page of the official police website; it’s a short, disturbing look at the modern police mindset and the image they want to project to the public. Radley also provided the links above it. The second video is a satire of out-of-control “sex offender” laws contributed by Robert King, and the links between the videos are from Scott Greenfield (“enough”), Michael Whiteacre (“RIP” and “hobby”), Rick Horowitz (“koinkydink”), Mark Draughn (“perspective”), Saladin Ahmed (“sonnets”), Clarkhat (“Vikings”), Lenore Skenazy (“farmers”), Popehat (“never call”), and Cop Block (“seriously”).
From the Archives
- Fascism, patient abuse, six words, an unintended metaphor, spell ban, cops, guilt without fault and the Cult of Personality.
- Cops arrest strippers under vague “sex trafficking” pretenses, and random people on spurious prostitution charges.
- The police state, Hamill vs. Hamill, bad librarian, witchcraft, cops, bike lanes and the Pope.
- Apparently, some British juries recognize that a prostitute can be raped.
- Under criminalization, is reporting a ripoff hooker to cops really worth it?
- The disturbing trend of cops arresting retired madams on drug charges.
- Dr. Brooke Magnanti on thinking good sex can be defined by statistics.
- Both 2012 presidential candidates were descended from polygamists.
- What’s most “unclear” to me is how this is even physically possible.
- The role of Manichean thinking in creating “sex trafficking” hysteria.
- The problems Asian sex workers face in Victoria’s legalized system.
- Volunteering at a shelter confers “trafficking” expertise in months.
- Filipino “trafficking” hotline is confused about number of “victims”.
- Deals with devils always have more conditions than anticipated.
- Dr. Robert King on porn, with a nice endorsement of yours truly.
- It’s so nice when people who have never done sex work get it.
- A proposal for the decriminalization of sex work in South Africa.
- A once-important festival now consigned to the attic of history.
- Indian sex workers rescue a little girl from her abusive mother.
- Barcelona’s campaign to drive vulnerable women into poverty.
- The Polaris Project pimps historical American black slavery.
- Scientific illiterates attack a politician’s scientific illiteracy.
- The Indian Supreme Court waffles on decriminalization.
- Arizona wants to look even stupider than New Jersey.
- How can anyone not know how advice columns work?
- Two essays on the problem with the word “privilege”.
- The government’s latest effort to destroy Bitcoin.
- A short overview of the work of Elizabeth Loftus.
- Northern Ireland contracts the Swedish disease.
- How to obscure reality by manipulating words.
- A whore’s best friend is her artificial life form.
- Prostitution Law and the Death of Whores.
- Queensland considers legalizing outcalls.
- How cops enrich themselves via robbery.
- Narcissists causing problems for whores.
- Miranda Kane at the Edinburgh Festival.
- Swedish priest convicted of buying sex.
- $2 billion in preventable medical costs.
- A brothel cooperative in Utrecht.
- A look at sex work in Yemen.
- Sex workers vs. criminals.
- Rapist cops of the week.
- The Free Speech Mafia.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Current Events, Links, Miscellaneous, Philosophy, Tyranny, tagged Alabama, Canada, censorship, cops, internet, Missouri, Never Call the Cops, New York, South Carolina, surveillance, United Kingdom, video on August 17, 2014 |
7 Comments »
I hope one day you find happiness…though “Happiness” will probably be his prison name. – Canadian cops who think they’re funny
The ACLU really did care about civil liberties once, as you can see by today’s second video (provided by Brooke Magnanti); it’s a series of TV spots from 1974. Of course, it still does care when that caring intersects its other agendas, as in the link from Stella Zine immediately above the video. The first video demonstrates the concept of spontaneous order, meaning things humans choose to do together without threat or coercion; it was contributed by Mistress Matisse. Every link above the first video came from Popehat, and the links between the videos from Eddie J Cunningham (“signage”), Michael Whiteacre (“Canada”), Jemima (“coming soon”), and Angela Keaton (“never call the cops”).
From the Archives
- Hitler, Hitchcock, the police state, prohibitionism, cops, Batman, the Founding Fathers, spontaneous combustion, guns & a horror short.
- Anyone who says that laws can make a major city “brothel-free” should be disqualified from office on grounds of stupidity.
- Adults’ obsession with adolescent oral sex isn’t at all creepy or perverse.
- Chimps, gazillions, guitars, spying, the first website and the police state.
- It’s time for people to get over their childish attitudes toward sex work.
- The Long Island Killer manhunt stopped when they realized he’s a cop.
- Basic arithmetic is not required for a government position in Brooklyn.
- New evidence that Japanese army directly managed comfort women.
- A reader’s story of his own encounter with “sex trafficking” hysteria.
- Do politicians really just not get that whole first amendment thing?
- Yet another collection of prohibitionist myths vomited out by cops.
- Professor Higginbotham ponders a quandary named Bernadette.
- The descent of “sex trafficking” rhetoric into total mumbo jumbo.
- Prostitution charges are often based on nothing but a cop’s lie.
- American hypocrisy says it’s fine to pay people not to have sex.
- Why Rachel Moran could never have been a Dublin sex worker.
- The wholly-ridiculous claims of soi-disant “trafficking survivors”.
- Sting victims entrapped by “age-regressed” photos of adults.
- The first appearance of the magical pimp mind-control philter.
- Another bizarre “sex trafficking” rumor debunked by Snopes.
- Indian sex workers again demonstrate their awesomeness.
- The full implications of California’s new “sex trafficking” law.
- How laws and stigma against sex workers harm all women.
- Dr. Laura Agustín on “fallen woman” imagery in La Traviata.
- Women With A Vision responds to anti-whore propaganda.
- The problem with a state-sponsored “ugly mugs” scheme.
- How does one find an escort for lesbian experimentation?
- Kevin Wilson on the sheer badness of sex work research.
- How to create “sex trafficking” from ordinary hooking.
- The brutal murder of a young gay man in Jamaica.
- Interviews with Deon Haywood and Carol Leigh.
- The true face of Ashley Madison’s fake women.
- Why queers should care about sex offenders.
- Another serial killer of sex workers in Detroit.
- Why neofeminists hate sexy female hurdlers.
- Because whores look just like other women.
- We can’t find it, so it must be happening!
- He went home; she’s locked in a cage.
- Rescuing sex workers from “rescuers”.
- Rapist cops of the week…169 of them.
- The indiscretions of Mary Anne Clarke.
- My autographed copy of Paying For It.
- But what was she doing at a brothel?
- An example of the bottleneck effect.
- The problem of the “perfect victim”.
- A new twist on the “pigeon drop”.
- Giving up harlotry for love.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Current Events, History, Links, Miscellaneous, Music, Tyranny, tagged animals, BDSM, California, cops, Florida, Germany, language, Latin America, Michigan, Middle East, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, recipes, Texas, video, Wisconsin on August 10, 2014 |
20 Comments »
There may be people who like centipedes. I have seen people handling tarantulas and scorpions, but never a centipede handler. Personally, I would regard such an individual with deep suspicion…If such a man exists, I say kill him without more ado. He is a traitor to the human race. – William S. Burroughs
The first video this week was contributed by Angela Keaton; it’s really the only important comment on Arab-Israeli hostilities you’ll ever need. The second video, and the links above the first, were provided by Jesse Walker, and the links between the videos by Korhomme (“buttocks”), Dave Barry (“recipe”), Saladin Ahmed (“Venn”), Michael Whiteacre (“accident”), Grace (“Nazca” and “dog”), Radley Balko (“satire” and “ticket”), Luscious Lani (“employee”), Cop Block (“police state”), Nun Ya (“rescue”), and Police Misconduct (“medal”).
From the Archives
- Obviously nude pictures are far more dangerous to “children’s” lives than spending 20 years in prison.
- Cops, thieves, Gandhi, Hitler, lard, water, bureaucracy, Satanists and nuclear war.
- Never on Sunday, New Orleans, Pretty Baby and Taste the Blood of Dracula.
- Fanatics complain “authorities” don’t invent enough “trafficking victims”.
- Three generations of anti-whore propaganda are not quickly overcome.
- Dear prudish twit actresses: leave sex worker parts to grown women.
- Politicians want to destroy the internet to make life harder for whores.
- “He was so desperate for money he actually opened a legal business!”
- Politicians wasting other people’s money to fight a legal sex business.
- More sex≠better sex; underwear≠better sex; ignorance≠better sex…
- When a Japanese millionaire doesn’t look like a Japanese millionaire.
- Why are more female teachers getting involved with male students?
- Cats, cops, apes, TSA, free speech, prohibition, guitars and fascism.
- How to get free publicity by labeling your ad copy a “press release”.
- Norwegian study says that Swedish Model causes “sex trafficking”.
- “The House of the Rising Sun”, “Farewell to Storyville” and “Jacky”.
- Swedish Model proponents are NOT “sex industry lobby groups”.
- It’s hard to tell whether activists are winning ground or losing it.
- It’s time for humanity to grow up and set aside childish beliefs.
- Presumably, the cops wanted her to snitch on the girl instead.
- “Trafficking” means whatever its proponents want it to mean.
- Man argues it wasn’t a crime because he only raped a whore.
- Are some escorts starting to encrypt client communications?
- The weird situations that arise from sex work legalization.
- Prohibitionists “rescue” young sex workers into cages.
- I wonder how this would have turned out in America?
- An extended example of New Orleans’ “Yat” dialect.
- Another example of why legalization is a bad idea.
- Prohibitionists will say whatever they need to say.
- What if all workers were treated like sex workers?
- I trust the FBI even less than I trust Kristin Davis.
- Activists’ impressions of the Desiree conference.
- A historical version of “50 clients a night” idiocy.
- The new and improved version of the Mann Act.
- What the hell is going on in Washington state?
- Behold the lawhead psychosis in action.
- An editorial telling the truth about porn.
- Did the fake ad actually state “I am 13”?
- Chicks masturbating in MRI machines.
- A short glossary of terms I’ve coined.
- Politicians, hookers, yawns.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Perception, Tyranny, Current Events, Miscellaneous, Links, tagged Hollywood, cops, hysteria, United Kingdom, New York, language, Illinois, internet, video, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, politicians, surveillance, Russia, Mississippi on August 3, 2014 |
11 Comments »
YOUR PRAYERS ARE GOING STRAIGHT INTO MY SPAM FILTER. PLEASE TEXT ME FOR QUICKER RESPONSE. – The Lord God
This week’s first video was featured by Jesse Walker in his “Friday AV Club” feature at Reason; it’s an early “stranger danger” scare film from 1963, and as Walker points out the most interesting thing about it is that it demonstrates just how much freedom kids used to have and how comparatively sensible most of the suggestions are (“don’t play in isolated industrial areas” rather than “don’t play outside”, and “stick together with friends” rather than “never get out of the sight of some authority figure”). Walker also discusses the film’s creator, Sid Davis, and mentions that he also made the infamous “Boys Beware”, an anti-gay scare film. I decided to feature that one as today’s second selection to make a point: compare the bogeyman myths the film promotes about gay men to the actual gay men you know, and then recognize that the same kind of lies are spread today about sex workers, our clients and our associates. All the links above the first video were provided by Popehat, and those between the videos by Radley Balko (“yabba” and “droit”), Jesse Walker (“irony”), Clarissa (“addiction”), Nun Ya (“unexpected”), Jason Kuznicki (“mannequins”), and Molly Crabapple (“gang”).
From the Archives
- Dogs, “Time”, police state, cops, assholes, nightmares, hum, history, hentai, street vendors, Pakistan, graffiti and frame-ups.
- “Diversion” program teaches women to blame themselves for the criminalization of consensual sex.
- Insanity: doing the same thing repeatedly & expecting different results.
- UK cops send “extreme” porn to anti-cop politician, then bust him for it.
- Do you think there is a connection between intelligence and sexuality?
- Sick minds see sex where it isn’t, fear magic powers of taboo pictures.
- Canadian politicians are just as dishonest as their American brethren.
- Another Amsterdam land-grab disguised as “anti-trafficking initiative”.
- Only other peoples’ kind of sex work is bad! Ours isn’t even sexual!
- “Human trafficking” means whatever “authorities” want it to mean.
- The predictable result of a years-long “crackdown” on street work.
- Sri Lankan police stage evidence-free hotel raids, for the children.
- Condemned to the “sex offender” registry for euthanizing a dog.
- Anti-whore NGO gets big donation from convicted child molester.
- Spanish advocates for disabled men’s right to hire sex workers.
- Lies and evasions from yet another “Operation Cross-Country”.
- Government use of laws always exceeds their stated purpose.
- An interview with Kristen DiAngelo about American Courtesans.
- Have you ever had a prostitute “read” you as a former whore?
- I’m rather stout; how can I get women to give me a chance?
- Baton Rouge cops use overturned law to arrest gay men.
- I’m very glad I never had this kind of celebrity as a client.
- Two HIV+ men have been seemingly cleared of the virus.
- Yet another gun to the internet’s head is turned aside.
- Obama crony jokes about hookers being gang-raped.
- Is the wind starting to shift toward decriminalization?
- Escape from the White-Savior Industrial Complex.
- Do you think jealousy is due to nature or nurture?
- Porn, house buying and Spongebob Squarepants.
- Nicaraguan sex workers set up an activism office.
- Pat Robertson seems to be slowly going sane.
- Sex workers are finally beginning to be heard.
- Cathryn Berarovich interviews a streetwalker.
- What should we do about underage hookers?
- What should be done about “sex trafficking”?
- Danish journalists mock the Swedish model.
- Will your husband ever write a column?
- My two previous columns for Lammas.
- A short biography of Lais of Corinth.
- BBW escort turns comedienne.
- Safety tips from sex workers.
- The craziness of Zimbabwe.
- Another early Links column.
- A look back at July of 2010.
- Sex Workers Speakeasy.
- Rapist cop of the week.
- R.I.P. Virginia Johnson.
- Legalizing Prostitution.
- The Starlet Bandits.
- King of the hill!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Current Events, Links, Miscellaneous, Music, Tyranny, tagged adolescence, animals, Canada, cops, drivers, drugs, Illinois, India, lawheads, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, politicians, Things We Choose To Do Together, video on July 27, 2014 |
9 Comments »
Several more children are likely to die waiting for New York to implement its medical marijuana program. – Judy Netherland
I apologize for today’s column being unfinished when it posted earlier; this is the sort of thing that will inevitably happen from time to time while I’m on the road, and I suppose I should be glad it didn’t happen prior to today. Since Radley Balko had a slight lead over the other contributors I put his links before the first video, which was sent to me by my friend Phil; the second video is from Nun Ya, and the links between the two from Grace (“fiction”), Rick Horowitz (“curfew” and “animals”), Mike Siegel (“laws”), Jesse Walker (“lizards”), and Walter Olson (“together”).
From the Archives
- Dogs & cats, cops, horror, Christianity, sexting, UK, Russia, propaganda, false memories and marijuana.
- A 17-year-old journalism intern’s impressions of the Desiree Conference.
- When one with unusual interests commits a crime, cops blame interest.
- Another “victim” caged to force cooperation in the state’s morality play.
- What should I do before, during and after a client intends to rape me?
- Protests vs the criminalization that killed Dora Oezer & Petite Jasmine.
- “Objectification”, blah blah blah. ”Sending messages”, simper simper.
- Soi-disant “ally” belches up the “average debut at 13” myth to media.
- Yet another religious “diversion program” packed with prohibitionism.
- Charlotte Shane’s essay on the myth of rape as uniquely destructive.
- A new video game featuring a cartoonish, stereotyped streetwalker.
- A brief respite from a criminalization campaign in Western Australia.
- LA billboard companies refuse sex worker rights ad, but allow this.
- Another comedian’s career destroyed by busybodies with badges.
- A prison with a swimming pool and volleyball court is still a prison.
- You won’t often see a judge side with a sex worker against cops.
- Why clients need to be as scrupulous about condom use as pros.
- Anthony Weiner found himself caught in another sexting scandal.
- “End demand” policies turn innocent whores into unwilling traps.
- What common disease symptoms should I be on the lookout for?
- A Greek example of the “first they came for the…” phenomenon.
- Save the children and the poor, innocent men from evil harlots!
- Cops sabotage sex workers’ means of keeping ourselves safe.
- Mitt Romney promised to work hard to increase the rape rate.
- Nestle Corporation proves it’s almost as clueless as cops are.
- Is birth control essential, or are condoms okay on their own?
- Magdalene laundry nuns refuse to apologize to their victims.
- Why do some downscale hookers insult and demean clients?
- UK cops grudgingly admit that stripping doesn’t cause rape.
- Kristin Davis reaffirms her membership in the Hall of Shame.
- Scottish cops set out to destroy Edinburgh sauna system.
- What should I expect from an agency regarding security?
- A moronic op-ed on the “hookernomics” of Chattanooga.
- I despise toilet-cleaning, but I don’t want it criminalized.
- Politicians speak out against “anti-prostitution pledge”.
- What’s the best way to figure out what a client wants?
- Skinhead murders a “sex offender” chosen at random.
- In which I discover that I’ve become a minor celebrity.
- Thoughts about St. Mary Magdalene on her feast day.
- More ridiculous anti-whore propaganda from Nevada.
- More proof that “sex addiction” is not a real disorder.
- Another example of the inanity of prostitution laws.
- Unlearning Liberty, Absolutely Mad and Blak and Blu.
- Finland is exposed to the Swedish disease.
- How common are difficult or creepy clients?
- Disruptive sex worker protests at IAC.
- Are scars a big obstacle for an escort?
- Coerced oaths as a tool of tyranny.
- The myth of the omnipresent pimp.
- An early form of the links column.
- Is kissing clients unavoidable?
- Rapist cop of the week.
- My favorite musicals.
- A kissing drone.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Biography, Current Events, History, Links, Miscellaneous, Music, Tyranny, tagged animals, BDSM, Brazil, California, cops, Florida, Illinois, internet, language, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, porn, prisons, surveillance, video, Virginia, Washington (state) on July 20, 2014 |
6 Comments »
Defense counsel: So you entered the house based on a lie?
Cop A.B. Beck: Yes.
Defense counsel: And this is your policy for domestic violence warrants?
Cop A.B. Beck: Yes.
Usually I’m very conscientious about recording where I saw a given item first, but I’m afraid I lapsed in the case of today’s first video. Weird Al Yankovic has released a new video every day this week to promote his new album, and so many people have tweeted them I lost track of who went first; this one was my favorite, and I think you’ll find it appropriate. The second video (which I’m sure everyone with BDSM experience will appreciate) was sent me by Libertine Video, everything above the first was provided by Grace (who also gave us “how about now?”), and the links between the videos were contributed by Radley Balko (“fascism”), Amy Alkon (“God”), Walter Olson (“pig”, “colony” and “police state”), Teller (“centennial”), Jesse Walker (“nightmares”), Aspasia (“not Florida”), Rick Horowitz (“terrorist”), and Popehat (“caste” and “records”).
From the Archives
- Would it be a good idea to arrange for a discreet pro to meet with a divorced friend as if by accident, to rebuild his confidence with women?
- Surveillance, cops, Nazis, Calvin & Hobbes, gay mice, Nancy Grace, hypocritical vegetarians, Europe and drug decriminalization.
- Because obviously, a random amateur will give him a better experience than a skilled professional.
- Congress’ new strategy is to enact SOPA piece by piece so it doesn’t attract so much attention.
- If prohibitionists really want to “save” sex workers, why do they stop us from getting other jobs?
- It’s difficult to judge claims’ legitimacy when no victims are interviewed.
- Indonesian lawheads think closing red-light districts will end sex work.
- Lies & myths don’t become true merely because they appear in a film.
- Could a sex worker help a man learn to delay premature ejaculation?
- A man has offered to “keep” me in real style; how do I make it work?
- Ruhama shills admit their goal is to drive whores into homelessness.
- Observation: girl runs away from home. Conclusion: “sex trafficking”!
- SANGRAM and VAMP fight for sex workers vs American “soft power”.
- The redefinition of “sex trafficking” into a “gang-related activity”.
- Prostitution in a world where the Protestant Reformation failed.
- Lawyer sues Apple for not censoring his internet connection.
- More journalists are speaking out against criminalization.
- It looks as though an AIDS vaccine is finally within reach.
- What will happen if abortion is eventually recriminalized?
- Indian politicians defy court-mandated decriminalization.
- Aren’t vandalism and indecent exposure already illegal?
- In which I head off to the Desiree Alliance convention.
- He who sups with the Devil should use a long spoon.
- On would-be allies who use “selling bodies” rhetoric.
- Why “sex addiction” is such a destructive paradigm.
- US anti-whore rhetoric resembles that of Zambia.
- South African sex workers gain pro-decrim allies.
- Arch-prohibitionist cops coerce women into sex.
- A hooker “scandal” that didn’t make the news.
- How “sex trafficking” hysteria infested Mexico.
- Sleazy rapist jailed for fake sugar baby scam.
- The tale of a harlot with a rather special gift.
- Dr. Brooke Magnanti on French brothels.
- “We have the right not to be rescued.”
- The TSA vs. the world’s largest penis.
- Singapore stands up to Uncle Sam.
- The naivete of Najat Belkacem.
- On the value of disagreement.
- The wacky world of Ed Wood.
- Octomom does it again.
- The Mechanical Bride.
- R.I.P. Dora Oezer.
Read Full Post »