Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O’Rourke
As I predicted last week, this one was rather quiet. That probably won’t last long; December actually seems to be a busy time of year for hooker news and other topics in which I’m interested. Well, we’ll see. As so often happens, this week’s top link source was Radley Balko, who provided all of them down to the first video. That one was called to my attention by Korhomme, and the second by Antonio Lorusso; the links between the two arrived via EconJeff, Jesse Walker, Nun Ya, Deep Geek, Mike Siegel, Amy Alkon, Grace and Furry Girl.
- The TSA has is directly responsible for the equivalent of a September 11th every month in fatalities.
- If not for dental hygiene licensing, there just wouldn’t be anything to charge this guy with.
- Cop murders 50-year-old woman for sitting on the side of the street in her car.
- Nevada politician wants to criminalize being homeless without a license.
- “All I wanted was a Snickers bar.”
The best lawyer ad of all time.
- Strange how police dashboard cameras always manage to fail at the most convenient times.
- Bill intended to protect email privacy rewritten to virtually eliminate email privacy instead.
- If you’re 27 or younger, you’ve never experienced a colder-than-average month.
- Cops raid home of 9-year-old girl, confiscate Winnie-the-Pooh laptop.
- Absolutely hilarious review of the latest Twilight movie.
- Man arrested at airport for having a strange watch.
- The newest online scam: ransomware.
- My hovercraft is full of eels.
A perfect metaphor for American politics.
- Wendy McElroy on the futility of campaigns to repeal laws, and the better alternative.